Todays Daily Bible Verse

Daily Bible Verse provided by Bible-Verses.net

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Does Your Name Mean Anything?

Makenzie and I were in the eye doctors office and because we were trying entertain ourselves, I thought it might be fun to take our names and string them together, their meanings I mean, to see if a coherent thought springs forth. You may be familiar with the study of the geneology of Adam to Christ, where just this very thing happens. Here's a link I found on the internet describing, it's quite neat.

Click /here/

Joshua - God is Salvation
Makenzie - Son of a wise leader
Kaleb - Tenacious and Aggressive
Lael - Belongs to God

With a few prepositions and pronouns you can easily read a coherent message.

"God is Salvation, to the son of a wise leader, who is tenacious and aggressive and belongs to God."

This is an exact picture of both my family and myself. What I find so interesting is how God works in ways that completely glorify himself. I can't deny the arithmetic here; I'm a child of God and woven into my family geneology is a message that pertains to my walk with him. How exciting and wonderful.

A few facts that you don't know, and I didn't know either.

The spelling of Caleb was repulsive to us, but Kaleb we picked because we thought it was different. Turns out that it's a HEBREW spelling that we picked. I needn't remind you that Joshua and Kaleb were the two faithful spies...(we didn't pick that on purpose nor have solid state knowledge of that at the time of the name choosing, it's since become very special to us).

If you take our names all the way out you have this;

Joshua, Aaron, Thomas: "God is salvation, mountain of strength, twin"
Makenzie, Aislyn, Rose: "Son of a wise leader, dream and vision, fame"
Kaleb, Jaden, Thomas: "Tenacious and Aggressive, God has heard, twin"
Lael, Arrianna, Magnolia: "Belongs to God, holy-silver, flower"


I see all types of beauty in what God has brought together.
Just in case you think I forgot, I didn't. I was just saving the best for last.

Sonya, Monique: "Wisdom, Unique"

I find these to be exact descriptions of my help-mate.

No comments:

Website Counter - I'm Watching You Buhahahah Buhahahha hahaha haha ha mmm *phew