Todays Daily Bible Verse

Daily Bible Verse provided by Bible-Verses.net

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Man I've been busy

Seems like I don't get to touch this. I need to read my Bible.

 

 

I had an interesting experience; because I've never experienced anything like this before. I believe it was a dream from God.

Two days ago, as I was listening to Piper on Romans, I was thinking about how in some ways I don't remember what it felt like to be in bondage to sin; or dead. Or there was some sentiment of that. Not declarative, just pondering if I really remembered the hopelessness of it.

That very night I had a dream. In my dream I was uncontrollably engaged in my sin, but at a point I became aware that I was sinning against God but there was no hope. Like Sampson going to reach for his power, only to discover it was no longer there. The best word picture I can describe is the parable of the rich man and lazerus. I wasn't burning in hell, I was uncontrollably shaking because there would be no rescue from my sin. No matter how much I tried or desired, I could not free myself from it. It was like a straight jacket, writhing only made it worse. I could not escape it.

I woke up with a profound sense of awe, knowing that while I may forget in some sense what it was like to have no hope, I never want to be without hope of my eternal salvation.

 

Just one of those wow things.

 

No comments:

Website Counter - I'm Watching You Buhahahah Buhahahha hahaha haha ha mmm *phew