Todays Daily Bible Verse

Daily Bible Verse provided by Bible-Verses.net

Friday, November 12, 2010

I Know He's Angry

I'm listening to John Piper's series on Romans. http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-library/sermons/by-series/romans-the-greatest-letter-ever-written

I'm 2/3's of the way through it. I find it astonishing that it was delivered in 1998. It's as real and potent to me now as though it were the day it was said. God is real, and this is proof. I fully recommend that you listen to it.

 

Dear Daddy,

I know that you're angry:

he's angry with me

I don't desire God because I'm unrighteous

I cannot know Godliness because 

I'm in love with sin, I'm in love with

distortion and truth bending

I'm in love with my self-centered,

self-appointed, self-directed, god of self

who cannot know God, does not 

seek God and supresses the truth 

in unrighteousness.

Thanks be to God our Father

who in his mercy and by the washing

and renewing of His Holy Spirit

appointed us as sons for adoption

to be conformed to the image of His Son

Jesus Christ, whom he poured out

that we might be Justified. That we 

might be made righteous. Blessed is the man

whom God does not impute his sin to.

I'm not righteous, Christ is righteous and

his rightouesness has been given to me

without anything I could do or could have

done. I cannot repay. I stand in forever

adoration and thankfulness that my 

life is counted righteous, not because

I will it so, but because my Daddy did.

I love you Daddy and I'm very very very very sorry. Please forgive me, Joshy!

 

The gloriousness of this, is He has. He loves me and I love him. I praise him because it seems reasonable service owed only to the person who brought me back to life. He's my Hero, he's my Father, he's my God and I am his child and his portion. Praise be to God always.

No comments:

Website Counter - I'm Watching You Buhahahah Buhahahha hahaha haha ha mmm *phew