Todays Daily Bible Verse

Daily Bible Verse provided by Bible-Verses.net

Monday, March 8, 2010

False Dichotomy

I was in a discussion with a guy and this came up, so I thought I would make a short video and post about it.

Often times we do this, we create a false paradigm to view information through. Usually it's the worst when we assume a position of authority in rationalizing ideas. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an intellectual pacifist by any means. I like to wrestle my ideas to the ground and give them a noogie just like the next guy, but what I'm talking about is deeper than that. It's when we question ideas and conclusions that are bigger than we, carelessly.

I think questioning long established ideas is the best way to know if they are accurate and relevant to us. Otherwise, no doctrine would be formed. But, there's something wrong with assuming a position of authority when we rationalize to polar positions in this area, especially when that authority hasn't been given to us. Watch the video.




No comments:

Website Counter - I'm Watching You Buhahahah Buhahahha hahaha haha ha mmm *phew