Todays Daily Bible Verse

Daily Bible Verse provided by Bible-Verses.net

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Do You Constantly Check Your Thoughts?

Sometimes I get some seriously bad thoughts, and my facial contortions might give someone the impression that I don't like what they are saying, but in reality I'm reacting vicerally to this vile thought that has just entered into my head and has nothing whatsoever to do with the subject, or even close.

Certain words trigger the thoughts, sometimes there's no trigger that I know of. I just have evil thoughts. I call it evil, because they aren't edifying to anyone but me...and not in a good way.

I get so frustrated because I have no control over it. Those thoughts don't happen when I'm doing something like playing guitar, or going to the bathroom, nope these thoughts only happen when I'm at church, or men's group, or praying, or during intimacy.

I wish I could be free of those thoughts.

I wish I could be free of the guilt they cause.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Psalm chapter 32 and 51. Satan is trying to separate you. As long as you feel guilt and keep those thoughts secret, they will control you. Confession of thoughts to accountability partners and spouse bring about forgiveness and clarity.

Joshua Barnes said...

My justification for the guilt is that I don't want the thoughts to go unchecked and become aloof to their possible implication on my life...I guess that's why it's so insidious!

Joshua Barnes said...

Awesome passages.

阿煌 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Website Counter - I'm Watching You Buhahahah Buhahahha hahaha haha ha mmm *phew