Todays Daily Bible Verse

Daily Bible Verse provided by Bible-Verses.net

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Rule of First Cause, Cause and Effect and Links In a Bicycle Chain

After lunch today I was doing a brisk walk to start building up my stamina and hopefully beginning what will be a semi-permanent routine of exercise right after lunch to get my system going. I suffer from extremely bad acid reflux, brought on I believe, by super-stresses in my life. I hope this to aid in a resolution.


As I was walking I was considering the cause of my reasoning and desire to continue to consider the Sovereignty of God. It seems impolite to keep visiting a subject that you grasp, even if not fully.


But as I considered I voiced my reasoning "God, it's because it's everywhere!" Then started considering why others, perhaps, don't see it. As I was walking I saw a field of corn and here's where we'll end the narrative and begin the discourse.
---
You see a field of corn just as I do; you consider the implications of doing nothing and that cause having an effect that is measurable and repeatable. You also consider the cause of doing something to the corn and in likewise manner you consider your influence on such a thing. You consider that because you have done thus, it must be so that insofar as we can see, or perceive, our influence is both measurable and discernible, thus it exists, therefore it is real. And if real, doesn't my sentient soul tell me that I so decided to thus and it was done?


I can even apply the rule of first cause and say that I am the first cause of the planting and the reaping of this corn. And so too, you might be right. This thinking however is akin to a bicycle chain link, if it could talk, as it arrived at the first tooth in the sprocket it might say, "because I am thus, this bicycle will be propelled forward". And so it is true, that because the link is thus, hard, steel, and positionally in place to drive the bicycle forward, it is so. However, what this prideful and arrogant thinking will never consider is, how did you get there to be thus? How is it that you cannot consider links in the fore or aft of your position? How is that you've lost sight of what caused you to be thus and did such a thing occur? It cannot!


So too is the mind set on the flesh. God is the first cause of all things and there is no secondary cause. Likewise in the chain link example, we have limited if any, discernment of why we are thus, or what links precede or follow us as such, or positionally where we are in his plan. Yet, as the builder of all things, he causes his sheep to follow him and to do the works he's preordained, and those whom are goats, he causes to be rejected and to stumble and to be jealous and to remain condemned.


For the scripture says;
Isaiah 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.



Isaiah 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.


Isaiah 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:
11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.



A link of all the verses about God's sovereignty

No comments:

Website Counter - I'm Watching You Buhahahah Buhahahha hahaha haha ha mmm *phew