Todays Daily Bible Verse

Daily Bible Verse provided by Bible-Verses.net

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Guilt, Shame, Anger, Depression, Doubt...

Why do we feel bad as Christians?

Why do bad things continue to happen to us?

Why is it so mentally hard to follow Christ?

There are a few reasons I can think of, and this post is coming directly out of my own bouts with Satan or his crew.

First, let's answer the premise questions; These are usually the unasked questions but in fairness to our understanding and to give rise to that as the fullest possibility, we need to ask them before we get to the predicate, situational, conditional questions, such as the ones listed above.

Who is in charge here? Isa 45:5

God.

Who is the one who ultimately allows, or even causes us to be afflicted? Isa 45:7

God alone.

With that in mind, let's answer these question. God's children are bought with a price and are taken into possession by the Holy Father in order to procure us for his son. When we are bought, we are slaves and we're not in good enough spiritual shape, we're not fit for the King we're being presented to.

Everyone whom he receives, he scourges. This is a scourge:
A scourge is a whip or lash, especially a multi-thong type used to inflict severe corporal punishment or self-mortification on the back.

It looks like it hurts. I've found that it does hurt, but I prefer the training of my Father than the doubt of his presence.

What we can't fathom, sometimes, is that what we feel is actually the training of our Father. I've found that I can know that it's the training of the Father by measuring my response to the affliction. I can remember a time when I just complained about pain, dealt with shame and doubt as though they were equal with truth. It's when I'm in these places that I run to the scriptures. If we run to the scriptures we are demonstrating loyalty, understanding and worship of God. All of these things he deserves.

Ultimately, only he knows how much effort we need in order to make us more like him. We don't. So, it's easy to say, "Hey man, haven't I suffered enough?"

The answer to that question is. How much suffering for the cause and even the being of Christ, is enough?

I find that when I'm in these situations it's easy to forget that it is God who is training me, testing me, to see if I will follow him.

God does not, nor does he need to

Guilt you
Shame you
Make You Angry
Depress You
Or Cause you to Doubt

Those are Satan's tools! If you feel that, know that it is SATAN! Not GOD! Run to God! RUN!

No comments:

Website Counter - I'm Watching You Buhahahah Buhahahha hahaha haha ha mmm *phew